Thursday, November 13, 2008

Update on Chuck's shoulder

I haven't been online much. I am either too tired when I get home or just don't want to be bothered with anything. I do read my blogs on my phone, along with emails and other things. But posting a blog from my phone is just a pain in the neck.

Anyways, Chuck went to the Dr's last week after he had a very expensive MRI done. No wonder people don't go to the dr's, it is a fortune. Everytime Chuck steps foot in the Dr's office it is $88, that is the 20% that we have to pay to meet the deductible. WOW! Can you imagine how much a bill would be if you didn't have insurance!

Anyway, he has an inpingement on his right shoulder. Basically it is where there tendon came loose and knotted up, I can feel the lump right under the skin. So, he can wait a few month and do the surgery or he can do it shortly. He had decided on waiting until after Christmas, but the PT would move into next year, and that is a new deductible. But then the pain started to get really bad, so he bumped it up to Dec 9th. That will be good for all of us. The boys get out of school for break around the 19th or so, and Chuck isn't planning on going back to work until New Year's Day. I don't mind him being at home. He needs the rest anyways.

The surgery is non-evasive. If he waited, he stood the chance of everything coming unraveled and then tearing the rotator cuff. This way is it taken care of sooner, no major surgery. And the Dr. is planning on having him in PT the following week. If he was to go back to work any sooner, it would be on very limited duty. Well, I think that some time off will do him good. We all need a break sometimes, so he gets his at the holidays. That is nice though.

So, when I find more out, you will know too. Please keep him in your prayers. I will keep you updated.

0 comments: